2013 MDC TRiO College Bound Objectives:
(1) 60% of participants served during the project year will have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or better on a 4 point scale at the end of the school year.
(2) 70% of UB seniors served during the project year, will have achieved at the proficient level on state assessments in reading/language arts and math
(3) 85% of project participants served during the project year will continue in school for the next academic year at the next grade level, or will have graduated from secondary school with a regular secondary school diploma.
(4) 60% of all current and prior year UB participants, who at the time of entrance into the project had an expected high school graduation date in the school year, will complete a rigorous secondary school program of study and graduate in that school year with a regular secondary school diploma.
(5) 70% of all current and prior year UB participants, who at the time of entrance into the project had an expected high school graduation date in the school year, will enroll in a program of postsecondary education by the fall term immediately following high school graduation, or will have received notification of acceptance but deferred enrollment until next academic semester.
(6) 40% of participants who enrolled in a program of postsecondary education, by the fall term immediately following high school graduation or by the next academic term as a result of deferred enrollment, will attain either an associate’s or bachelor’s degree within 6 years following graduation from high school.
2012 MDC TRiO College Bound Outcomes:
Number of students served: 272
2/3 Eligibility Requirement: 78% of participants were both first-generation and low-income.
Graduation Rate: 96% of participants who had an expected high school graduation date of 2012 will have graduated high school on time.
Academic improvement on standardized test: 100% of graduating seniors achieved proficient levels to pass state assessment standards.
Project retention: 88% of 9th, 10th, and 11th grade participants served during the school year will continue to participate in College Bound the following school year.
Postsecondary enrollment: 78% of graduating seniors enrolled in college in the fall term immediately following graduation.
Postsecondary persistence: 84% of 2011 graduating seniors who enrolled in college immediately following high school graduation will be enrolled in college for a second term in the fall 2012.