Sometimes the simplest items become the most important! When you are living with meager income, the items you need the most are not covered by SNAP (aka food stamps). Families and individuals struggle to purchase these critically necessary items. Your contributions help them to use their discretionary funds to purchase other services like prescriptions, bus tokens, school field trips, or uniforms for work.
The following items are needed year round for families and individuals:
- Baby items: including, size 3-6 diapers, wipes and formula, etc
- Hygiene Items: toothpaste/toothbrushes, shampoo/soap, deodorant, razors, combs, brushes, etc
- Paper items: toilet paper, paper towels, foil, ziplocks, etc.
- Household and cleaning items: dish or dishwasher soap, Windex or other cleaning products, laundry soap
- Pocket calendars to track appointments
- Socks for men, women and children.
- Sweatpants and sweatshirts (new and gently used) in adult sizes for patients in detoxification center.
These items can be brought to MDC Administration Offices at 721 Fawcett in Tacoma WA. We will distribute them to the appropriate program.