The Energy Assistance season remains open for the 2019-2020 year.
While our main offices are closed due to COVID-19, energy assistance is being provided remotely. To submit your application and supporting paperwork, email the documents required below to email@example.com.
Did you know that if you need help paying your utility bills or rent, you can apply for energy and rent assistance directly through MDC?To apply, you must live within the city of Tacoma and meet the income guidelines. Payment is made directly to the heating vendor and the amount paid will be based on your last 12 months’ heating costs.
6 requirements for energy assistance
- Completed Application
- Identification (ID’s) for those 18+ of age living in the household
- Social Security #’s for all living in the household
- We collect information about three (3) previous months of income from the date of the application
- Pay stubs showing monthly gross, or bank statements
- Recent utility bill
- Client checklist
- Application, Page 1
- Application, Page 2
- Puget Sound Energy application form
- MDC disclosure form
- Zero income form
6 requirements for rental assistance
- Reside in the Tacoma city limits during the rental period
- Have received energy assistance during the current 2019-2020 season
- Letter of intent signed by the landlord and returned to your case worker
- W9 form on file with MDC
- Current lease listing the applicant as a renter of the property or space
- Rental invoice or ledger
|Number of People in Household||Household Adjusted Monthly Income for LIHEAP||Household Adjusted Monthly Income for PSE (Gas Only)|
The Energy Assistance Appointment Line Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Telephone: (253) 572-5557
Fax: (253) 597-6700
Closed Weekends and Holidays