MDC’s Recovery Services can help you overcome addiction
MDC Withdrawal Management resumes services
Following a thorough assessment of community needs, MDC’s 24/7 Withdrawal Management program realigned services and resumed taking patients on April 25, 2022.
Guests will be served 24/7 on a walk-in basis at 721 Fawcett Avenue, with no prescreening required. Those seeking treatment can also call (253) 593-2413 for assistance.
Services provided include:
- Medication and care to assist with withdrawal.
- 24/7 care by a multidisciplinary team.
- Group sessions and 1-on-1 with a peer recovery coach.
- Alcoholics and Narcotics Anonymous groups available.
- Substance Use Disorder assessments to assist in long term planning.
- Providers will perform a routine physical and monitor medications and symptoms throughout the day.
- Discharge planning will provide resources for support and ongoing recovery, which could include supportive employment, housing referrals, education, outpatient services, medication management, and medically assisted treatment.
Please contact Behavioral Health Manager Jodie Leer at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions regarding MDC’s Withdrawal Management program.
MDC continues to adhere to the COVID-19 health protocols required by the Centers for Disease Control, the Washington State Department of Health, and the Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department, and we track the latest developments related to new virus variants and take measures to protect the health and safety of our staff and clients. Read more about MDC’s response to COVID-19.
For more information about COVID-19 in Pierce County, please visit the Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department’s website.
Eviction prevention in Pierce County
You learn about eviction prevention resources in Pierce County by using the links below:
Rental Assistance Resources:
- Pierce County Rental Assistance – https://www.piercecountywa.gov/7142/Rental-Assistance
- Center for Dialog and Resolution – https://centerforresolution.org
Phone: (253) 572-3657
- TacomaProBono – https://tacomaprobono.org
Phone: (253) 572-5134 ext. 102
MDC has rental assistance available right now for those living within the Tacoma city limits who could use help catching up with their rent during the COVID-19 pandemic. Visit the Energy Assistance page to see if you qualify!
To give hope in times of crisis, care in times of need, and guidance in times of opportunity.
MDC offers behavioral health services for economically disadvantaged and homeless members of our community. Our substance abuse treatment and dual disorder counseling services are available on a sliding payment scale for everyone.
MDC owns and manages 230 units of housing for homeless and low-income families and individuals, with three housing service models offered throughout Pierce County.
MDC Education programs help students from low-income, first-generation families graduate high school and prepare for college.
MDC offers access to Adult Education and Employment resources, to help individuals build assets and find a path to independence.
Metropolitan Development Council’s withdrawal management program will resume taking new patients in the 2nd Quarter of 2022. MDC suspended new admissions to its inpatient, medication-assisted